samedi 24 mars 2012

Teaching in Taroudant

Today we spent our first real morning in the school, and I had the opportunity to teach two classes. They were all high level students, between 30 and 42 per class, and very attentive and respectful. I started by asking them to brainstorm about "America" on paper, and indicated a number of categories such as "Culture," "Government," "People," etc. Then the students shared their responded, and I encouraged them to be very honest. A very broad range of responses ensued. In the first class, I actually had time to talk to them about lobstering in Maine, and passed around the lobster gage to see if they could guess what it was (they couldn't). One, very enthusiastic student, Miriam, gave a powerpoint presentation about the history of Taroudant, and invited us to come to her home to visit with her family, which we gratefully accepted.

I asked all the students to end the lesson by writing me a note about what they think they learned-- can't wait to share these responses with my students back in Maine.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire